Terms of Service
This site provides you the opportunity to interact with others in a variety of ways: Boards, e-mail, Gallery submissions, and so forth. We ask that you respect others, and behave yourself.
You will be considered in violation of the Terms of Service if you (or others using your account) do any of the following:
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute content that is illegal.
- Post, transmit, promote, distribute or facilitate distribution of content intended to victimize, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Hate speech is unacceptable.
- Post, transmit, promote, or distribute content that infringes on our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights.
- Pretend to be anyone whom you are not. You may not impersonate another member (including celebrities), a host, or a site administrator.
- Attempt to get a password, other account information, or other private information from a member.
- Send unsolicited bulk e-mail to our members.
- Post or send chain letters, pyramid schemes, and the like.
- Post or send unsolicited advertising.
- Use the message boards or any other area of the site to harvest or collect information, including e-mail addresses, about our members.
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the site.
- Use the site or software for any unlawful purpose.
Mild expletives and non-sexual anatomical references are allowed, but strong vulgar language, crude or explicit sexual references, hate speech, etc. are not.
We encourage the submission of artwork, stories, reviews, criticism, essays, and other work which will enhance the utility of the O*W*C. Please do not submit anything that violates our Terms of Service, particularly copyrighted material. Almost anything you didn't create yourself is copyrighted by someone else. See our Submission Guidelines for more information.
We reserve the right to remove content that does not meet our standards. Neither the O*W*C nor its associates assume any liability if the content is not removed. We also reserve the right to ban users who consistently violate TOS, and to notify their providers in the case of particularly unacceptable behavior. We are a non-commercial, private organization, and therefore are under no obligation to suffer fools gladly.
We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms of this agreement
- Change the site, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the site
Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give by posting on the Site or via electronic mail. Your use of the Site after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to review this agreement periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version.
By using the site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the site.
Most of the forms on the site, such as the random name generators and squidmail, are straight pass-through: They don't store any of the information you submit to them.
We require registration for the message boards and chat room, primarily to cut down on spam. Registration is free, and you don't have to register to access other areas of the Website. You will be required to supply a username ("handle"), password, and e-mail address. We don't use the information you provide for anything else, and you can elect to hide your e-mail address in the Preferences if you don't want other users to see it.
Chat-Topic Mailer and Digital Papyrus Newsletter
We offer a free weekly chat schedule and monthly SF newsletter, both distributed via e-mail. If you wish to receive these publications, we need your e-mail address. We don't use this information for any other purpose; you will not be spammed, your information will not be disclosed to anyone else.