- What Roger Zelazny novel features Siddhartha, Binder of Demons?
- What was the name of the semi-regular “science fiction” segment of The Muppet Show?
- Aldous Huxley’s classic SF novel Brave New World took its title from a line in a famous play. What was the play?
- What do these writers have in common? Robert Bloch, Harlan Ellison, Larry Niven, Normon Spinrad, Theodore Sturgeon
A) They have all used pseudonyms
B) They have all collaborated with Gregory Benford
C) They have all written about Atlantis
D) They have all written for Star Trek
- Who helped R. Daneel Olivaw develop the zeroth Law of Robotics?
- In this James Blish novel John Amalfi is mayor of a future New York, which flies through interstellar space trading work for supplies. Name it!
- Who wrote Forbidden Planet?
- On The X-Files, what did Scully’s father nickname her?
- What was the purpose of the Kanamits’ book “To Serve Man”?
- What novel won the first Hugo Award in 1953?
(Answers below the fold)
- Lord Of Light
- Pigs in Space
- Shakespeare, The Tempest. “Oh, brave new world, that has such people in ‘t.”
- D) They have all written for Star Trek
- R. Giskard (Robots of Dawn)
- Cities in Flight (published in the U.K. as A Clash of Cymbals).
- W. J. Stuart
- It was a cookbook(!!!)
- The Demolished Man