Squid Icon Library|
By: Jenna Farnham
Description: This is an icon library containing five O*W*C squid icons in designer colors.
To use these icons on your desktop, follow the steps for your operating system. (Note: The author does not use a Mac, and the instructions for squidding a Mac were donated by a member. If they are inaccurate, please let us know.
First, move this file to the place where you want it to live permanently. If you move it after you change your desktop icons, it'll just confuse your computer.
- Right-click on the desktop icon (shortcut) that you want to change, and choose Properties.
- Click on the Shortcut tab, and choose Change Icon.
- Click Browse.
- Change the entry in the File Name box on the browser window to: *.icl
- Navigate around until you find this file, click on it, and click OK.
- Choose the squid you want, then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- After downloading, open the image in any graphics application and copy it.
- Go to the folder you want to look like a squid and click once to highlight it.
- Go to the File menu and click on Get Info (Or Control-click with OS8 and getinfo)
- Click on the icon to highlight it and either Command-V or Paste under the Edit menu.
Voila! (French, for "There ya have it, baby!") Your desktop has been squidded.