- What SF author has played onstage with Pink Floyd?
A) Neil Gaiman
B) Terry Pratchett
C) Douglas Adams
D) China Mieville
E) Pat Cadigan
- In which planetary system did Luke take his Jedi training with Yoda?
- Boris Karloff has portrayed Frankenstein’s monster, the Mummy, and Dr. Fu Manchu. What other screen star–who also had a part in the Star Wars cycle–has also played those three roles?
- Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger wrote science fiction under what pseudonym?
- In Memory Yet Green is the first volume of what author’s autobiography?
- What were the leaders of the “dark city” called in the futuristic movie Dark City?
A) The Humanoids
B) The Strangers
C) The Decepticons
D) The Visitors
E) The Greys
- This planet is home of the Time Lords.
- In Ringworld, a Falan is a measurement of time equal to 10 rotations. How long is that in days?
- Woody Woodpecker is alluded to, or can be seen, in almost every post-1950 film made by what noted producer of SF classics?
- Which author coined the term “worm” to describe a type of computer virus:
A) John Brunner
B) Neal Stephenson
C) Bruce Sterling
D) Vernor Vinge
E) William Gibson
(Answers below the fold)
- C) Douglas Adams. He played acoustic guitar on “Brain Damage” and “Eclipse” at an Earl’s Court show.
- The Dagobah System
- Christopher Lee
- Cordwainer Smith
- Isaac Asimov
- B) The Strangers
- 75 Days
- George Pal, because of his friendship with Woody’s creator, Walter Lantz. In The Time Machine, for example, a young girl carries a Woody Woodpecker doll.
- A) John Brunner