- This supernatural spy novel by Tim Powers presents a secret history of the Cold War in which an agent for a secret British spy organization learns the true nature of several beings living on Mount Ararat.
- “DC Universe: Decisions” was a DC comic series which revealed the political leanings of several superheroes. Which one of these is the Democrat?
B) Green Arrow
C) Plastic Man
D) Wonder Woman
- In the comedy knockoff of B movies Amazon Women on the Moon, what legendary magazine editor played the President?
- Joe Haldeman’s The Forever War explores themes of soldiers exploited by the military and has been called an account of Haldenman’s experience in the Vietnam War written through a “space opera” filter. What is the name of the aliens that the humans are fighting?
- In this 1984 film, a government-funded project to train psychics to enter other people’s dreams goes awry when the President of the United States is admitted as a patient to the clinic, and sinister agents use the President’s nightmares in an attempt to have him assassinated.
- This collection by Robert A. Heinlein includes the short story “If This Goes On–” which describes a rebellion against an American theocracy and gave Heinlein a vehicle to criticize the authoritarian potential of Protestant Christian fundamentalism.
A) Revolt in 2100
B) The Man Who Sold the Moon
C) The Green Hills of Earth
D) The Past Through Tomorrow
E) Assignment in Eternity
- The seminal conspiracy-theory novels The Illuminatus! Trilogy were written by Robert Anton Wilson and whom?
- In this award-winning novel by Ursula K. Le Guin, an anarchist-feminist colony on a moon in orbit around a planet of caste-divided capitalists. Unfortunately, the anarchist-feminists haven’t solved all the problems of their parent society, and in fact the resource-hungry moon where they live has created a society of poor people whose government controls where they work and live.
- In this classic Star Trek episode, the Organian Peace Treaty is imposed upon the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire.
A) Errand of Mercy
B) A Taste of Armageddon
C) Balance of Terror
D) A Private Little War
E) Patterns of Force
- In the alternate-history novel 1945, Hitler gets injured in a plane crash just before Pearl Harbor. While he’s in a coma, the remaining Nazi leaders manage to avoid war with the U.S. and defeat the Soviet Union, nipping Communism in the bud. This cheese-tastic piece of wish-fulfillment was written by what politician?
(Answers below the fold)
- B) Green Arrow
- Forrest J Ackerman
- A) Revolt in 2100
- Robert Shea
- The Disposessed
- A) Errand of Mercy
- Newt Gingrich (in “collaboration” with William Forstchen)