- Which book starts with this line? “The Time Traveler (for so it will be convenient to speak of him) was expounding a recondite matter to us.”
- The classic movie 1956 Forbidden Planet won an Oscar for Special Effects. True or False?
- What is the first name of Podkayne’s genius younger brother?
- The Air Force gave its full cooperation to the making of the 1951 classic The Thing (From Another World). True or False?
- Pellucidar was in the middle of the Earth, according to what author?
- Dom DeLuise had a very small role in the 1956 camp classic, Plan 9 From Outer Space. True or False?
- The Infinite Improbability Drive from The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy was on which ship?
- In Dune, Paul Atreides discovers that Baron Harkonnen is his father. True or False?
- What is the machine in several of Ursula LeGuin’s books (also borrowed by Orson Scott Card, amongst others) that allows instantaneous communication?
- In the world of Harrison’s A Transatlantic Tunnel, Hurrah! what significant historical event happened differently?
A) The Hundred Years War
B) Defeat of the Spanish Armada
C) The Revolutionary War
D) World War II
E) JFK’s Assassination
(Answers below the fold)
- The Time Machine, H.G. Wells
- False. It lost to The Ten Commandments.
- False. They said the movie went against their official position that flying saucers didn’t exist.
- Edgar Rice Burroughs
- False. Although it seems somehow fitting.
- The Heart of Gold
- False. Paul’s father was the good Duke Leto Atreides.
- C) The Revolutionary War