- In what novel does Stanislaw Lem create the ultimate bureaucracy?
- In The Matrix, what is the name of Morpheus’ “hovercraft?”
- What book begins with the line, “Looking back to all that has occured to me since that eventful day, I am scarcely able to believe in the reality of my adventures?”
- What was the first and only U.S. mission to Mercury?
- Which of these is not a part of the Childe Cycle?
C) Tactics Of Mistake
D) The Dragon And The George
E) The Final Encyclopedia
- Sales of this film’s score were better than sales of movie tickets. Name this 1980 movie (based on a well-known cartoon), and name the band who did its theme.
- Robert A. Heinlein’s If This Goes On… is sometimes known as Revolt in
- What bleakly futuristic 1979 film stars Paul Newman as a seal hunter in a frozen city of a post-industrial wasteland?
- Who were the Sardaukar?
- In Ed Wood, Bill Murray plays Ed Wood’s friend and occasional actor Bunny Breckinridge. In Plan 9 From Outer Space, what character did the real Breckinridge play?
(Answers below the fold)
- Memoirs Found In A Bathtub
- Morpheus’ ship was the Nebuchadnezzar. In the Bible, Nebuchadnezzar was the king who was looking for Christ when he was born, similar to Morpheus’ quest for “The One.”
- Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Mariner 10
- D) The Dragon And The George. Dickson wrote them all, but Dragon is a standalone.
- o/~ Flash! Ah-aaah!… o/~ Flash Gordon, with theme song by Queen.
- Revolt in 2100
- The Emperor’s storm troopers from Frank Herbert’s Dune.
- The ruler of the aliens.
Posted in Ephemera August 19th, 2010 by Chip