- One of the best-loved items of SF terminology, this item is the antigravity device used to drive flying cities through the Galaxy in James Blish’s series collected as Cities In Flight, though he was using the term as early as 1950. Name it!
- How long did it take to catch the killer in Marooned In Realtime?
- In what Philip Francis Nowlan novel did Buck Rogers make his first appearance?
- The five parts of this classic Heinlein novel are titled, “His Maculate Origin”, “His Preposterous Heritage”, “His Eccentric Education”, “His Scandalous Career” and “His Happy Destiny”. What is its title?
- What book begins with the line, “Are we rising again?”
- What is Gethen?
- What actress was originally slated to play Captain Janeway before Kate Mulgrew took over the role?
- Listen: Billy Pilgrim has become unstuck in time in this story.
- This author’s first published story was “The Monster-God Marmurth” for Weird Tales in 1926.
- In the Brian Daley trilogy that begins with the book Requiem for a Ruler Of Worlds, the two protagonists kill off the villain with an ancient projectile weapon. What odd projectile did they put into the weapon?
(Answers below the fold)
Posted in Ephemera July 15th, 2010 by Chip